Pages

Sunday 3 March 2013

"If Students Designed Their Own School" Response

  After watching the video about "If Students Designed There Own School" I would not like to join their student designed school. I wouldn't like to join their school because I really don't see what yuo get out of tis school for College and University. Also, if you have the wrong kids or kids my age that were in this program they would probably be slacking off or fooling around the whole time. The students in this program are pretty much doing a Genius Hour every week, but in theri own school program where it is not as organized. I think that just staying a normal school program and doing Genius Hour is a better choice than creating your own school. I really can't see this program being a sucess with lots of students joining it in the future.In our schools we have everything planned out for us and we know exactly where to be a whatever time. Where as in their self created school they are just doing a project on something the whole day and discussing it. i think our school program is a lot more organized then theirs. Also, you have to make sure that everyone is doing something that they actually want to do, not something that is just quick, easy and simple to do. Also, there school may have teacher's that tey meet up with to talk with every so often, but it's not like our school where you almost always havae a teacher int he room with you. And that's why i think if you joined this self designed school program you could get off task very easily. Also, I don't really understand either how they get grade;s for the work they do if they don't have a teacher in the room with them marking them. Overall I think that designing your own school is a very cool and unique idea but I wouldn't join it and I don't think itr will be a great sucess in the furure.

No comments:

Post a Comment