Pages

Monday 11 March 2013

"No Red Pill, No Blue Pill" Response

    Today I read an article, No Red Pill, No Blue Pill by Ana Cristina Pratas. I like the beginning and end of it, because the writer used a somewhat poetic style and a scene to go along with it. This served as an attention-grabber for me and it made me want to read more of it. I also like how the writer described what she would like learning to be like, and how reality is so different. The quote about the red pill and blue pill also made me think about why she put it there. I agree with it because with learning you cannot choose to see an illusion where you can believe whatever you want. You just get taught by yourself or an educator and learn what you have to. The links in the article also helped me when I was reading it, letting me understand concepts or words that I wasn't familiar with (like "Red Pill" and "Blue Pill"). The charts helped me illustrate the writer's thoughts in my head, so I found that useful.
    I agree with the content of this article because education is something that is constantly changing, especially in these digital years. Motivation is indeed an important part of learning. Even if you are a very smart student, if you aren't determined to learn you will not learn well. I like how the writer said that the teachers can only inspire the learner, not motivate them. This idea is good because when a student is inspired to learn, they will continue to learn if they motivate themselves (based on the inspiration from the teacher). The writer also said "Resistance to change is easier than change itself", and this is true because it applies to learning habits - it is easier to keep your motivation low than to motivate yourself further than before.
    Though I agree with most of the items in this article, I think that "fear" of learning depends on the situation you're in. If you are not inspired or motivated to learn, you will be scared to explore what is ahead of you. However, if you do want to learn, the feeling will overcome and cover up the fear inside.
    Overall, this was a good article because I could make connections with it, just as it said "Connections do happen". Learning digital skills is hard, especially when you are in a place where no one uses them, but when you do learn them you can post articles like these. That way you can share your ideas with the world and get replies from others, so that you could improve on your writing.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mark! Your post was very descriptive and full of examples from the text. Something I think you could improve on though is to share your thoughts on different things, instead of just what you felt about the ideas expressed. You can talk about who the audience might be, or if there’s a particular message. This might also help you make your responds a bit longer. However you did a great job explaining your opinion in detail. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mark. Your post was very good and very descriptive. I thought you could have made more connections than you did. You did use lots of detail but i still think you could have gave more examples than you too! Overall though you did great and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mark, I agree with both Nicolas and Anaya that your post was very well writen and descriptive. Maybe next time try making a few more personal conections or conections to the world. If you disagree with something give other ideas for what you think instead. Overall good job and I liked how you explained each opinion in detail! :)

    ReplyDelete