Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2012

THE BEST SPACE JUMP REACTION - By: Richard D

My reaction to the space jump was that, at first I was extremely astonished that he was going to jump down to earth just outside the atmosphere despite the dangers and the fact that if something were to go wrong he would probably end up dying, but still he was brave enough to do it! After seeing him land, I was surprised that he didn't faint or just be thankful that he was alive, but it looks like he was more happy about doing it or braking the record then that he was not in 500 pieces, If I were to do the same thing that this crazy man just did going down to earth at around 700 mph I would probably have a heart attack in mid-air! I am also quite surprised that his family just let him do something this nuts, I mean my parents would never let me do this and if I ever did, they would be more happy that I was alive then more happy about me breaking a world record even though that's actually pretty darn awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Richard you seem to string several different trains of thought in this response paragraph. You may want to break them up or consider some of the questions you imply (since you don't ask them outright). I can also sense your admiration and awe at Felix's accomplishments as well as some surprise in your expectations of Felix and his family. Some of these expectations are assumptions based upon viewing the video alone (unless you did further research and I am just not aware of it?) For example - how could you know he was not thankful for living? What could his family have done if their adult son wanted to attempt this stunt? How do you know he was more happy about breaking (no braking) a record than being alive? I think we have to be careful not to assume too many things as viewers alone. I am glad you were engaging with the content of the video, just be cautious in assigning your opinions as facts in your responses. This is part of becoming media literate.

    ReplyDelete