Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Speech Draft - If I Ruled The World


Nicholas Fussell If I Ruled the World…

Have you ever wondered what the world would be like if it was ruled by you? I know I have! Good morning students, teachers, principals, and honorable judges. My name is Nicholas and today I will be telling you what I would do if I ruled the world. For starters, if I ruled the world I would throw money up in the air like there’s no tomorrow, and all the bills and coins would have my face on them.If I ruled the world there would be a dictatorship, and I would change words in the dictionary to Nicholas. There would also be a World Cup every 6 months and I would be a player, a referee, and the M.V.P. If I ruled the world the Canucks would actually win the Stanley cup. Then I’d take that cup and I would eat ice cream out of it daily. I I would also win an Oscar for best actor, I would win a Grammy for best voice and everyone would agree. If I ruled the world everyone will be happy and no one would fight. Not to mention my parents would always be proud of me and never disappointed. If I ruled the world I there would be no school at all, we would just download whatever we needed to know.  I would be very muscular, and I would have a 6 pack and huge biceps. If I ruled the world there would be super strong Wi-Fi everywhere at no cost. And every room in the world would have a mini fridge filled with pop and junk food.

Ruling the world has a lot of responsibilities, what I just mention are the positives of ruling the world. But on the serious side of things if I ruled the world all of mankind would be treated equally and fairly. Plus, world hunger, diseases such as cancer and wars would all be eliminated off of the planet.It would also be very hard to please everyone and make sure everyone is happy all the time. As you can see ruling the world would be fun to have all of that power, but it would be lots of responsibility. And as Spiderman’s grandpa once said “With great power, comes great responsibility.”

8 comments:

  1. Good job on picking a topic that is interesting. You also added humor to it which grabs the audience’s attention. One suggestion I’d make is not to start every sentence with “if I ruled the world”. Maybe try “I’d also” or “another thing I’d change would be”. I also liked how you mentioned the negatives about ruling the world. Overall you did and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Good speech Nick! I like humor in the speech and found that you were also very creative with what you would do if you ruled the world, Maybe next time instead of going if i ruled the world maybe try something different like "I would also" or something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick, I like how you said what the world would be like if you ruled the world - before talking about the responsibilities. The repetition of "If I ruled the world" makes the speech sound more interesting and powerful. One thing that you could do is to compare the good and bad sides of ruling the world at the end of the speech, and maybe ask the audience a question about that. The quote at the end of the speech was good because it was relevant to the topic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your humor and cretivity. If there was an election, I would vote for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your topic idea! It was an awesome choice and the humour in your speech makes it interesting to read. Next time matbe try to be less repetitive, as Anaya and Richard said try starting sentances with something other then "If I ruled the world". Really funny speech though and defenetly got me thinking what I would do if I ruled the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. actually ,it was spiderman's uncle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome thanks this helped me with my speech :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome thanks this helped me with my speech :-)

    ReplyDelete